Amava Resort

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of David Rooke David Rooke 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
    David Rooke
    Participant

I would like to discuss taking over and crowd source/fund Amava Resort – an amazing place with amazing potential in South Africa. In designing a remote resort you are forced to consider all elements of it – how it will work with the environment and the community, how you will offer an amazing experience to its guests and how it will be economically self supporting (or provide a return to capital – and therein lies the challenge).

Several million dollars has already gone into this venture – by a team that really wanted to make a difference – to benefit the environment and the community, and to create a place where amazing people could come and share amazing holidays. Its big, its ambitious, but also with the groundwork done it is achievable. I know the world class team to get this done in a money economy, but can it be done at least in part in a gift economy sustainable way? I would love to find out, and willingly gift a loan of the development material to date to the community, and my time and expertise to give it a go. I don’t know how to add a file or more details here – perhaps somebody will tell me?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Avatar of David Rooke David Rooke.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.